DATE OF MEETING
TIME OF MEETING
PUBLIC DIPLOMACY IMPLEMENTATION AND RESEARCH CENTER (İSÜ-KAD) REGULATIONS
Purpose, Scope, Basis and Definitions
ARTICLE 1 – (1) The purpose of these regulations; To regulate the organization, management, and working procedures and principles of İstinye University Public Diplomacy Implementation and Research Center (İSÜ-KAD)
ARTICLE 2 – These regulations cover the provisions regarding the aims, administrative bodies, duties of the administrative bodies and the way of working of the İstinye University Public Diplomacy Implementation and Research Center (İSÜ-KAD) affiliated with İstinye University.
ARTICLE 3 – (1) This regulation has been prepared on the basis of sub-paragraph 2 of sub-clause (d), paragraph 1 of Article 7 of the Higher Education Law no. 2547 of Article 14.
ARTICLE 4 – (1) In These Regulations;
- Advisory board: Advisory Board of the Center,
- Center: İstinye University Public Diplomacy Research and Implementation Center (İSÜ-KAD),
- Director: İstinye University Public Diplomacy Research and Implementation Center's director,
- Rector: İstinye University's Rector,
- University: İstinye University,
- Board of Directors: İstinye University Public Diplomacy and Implementation Center's Board of Directors,
are referred to.
Aims and Fields of Activities of the Center
Aims of the Center
ARTICLE 5 – (1) The Aims of the Center
a) Under the university discipline: conducting scientific research on different fields of public diplomacy, contributing to discussions and research on the field, encouraging and organizing interdisciplinary studies on the subject, providing consultancy services to public and private sector institutions, organizing scientific meetings, courses and seminars, and scientific research that contributes to the literature of the subject.
b) To communicate with similar centers in the country and abroad, to help develop courses and programs in postgraduate education, and to provide and disseminate knowledge.
c) To carry out joint studies with other universities, public and private sector organizations, and to create communication channels to be used in the conduct of these studies and to provide data.
Fields of Activities of the Center
ARTICLE 6 – (1) The Field of Activities of the Center are:
a) To cooperate with public and private sector institutions and organizations and to exchange information and conduct research and examination on needed issues; scientific opinion, project, report, plan etc, preparations.
b) To organize training and certificate programs and workshops in line with the purpose of the center.
c) To support and contribute to graduate programs in line with the purpose of the center.
d) To carry out written, visual and audio broadcasting activities.
e) To organize international and national level courses, seminars, conferences, congresses, symposiums, etc.
f) To provide consultancy services to public and private sector institutions and organizations in line with the purpose of the center.
g) To prepare scholarly reports and opinions on the fields of public diplomacy.
h) To carry out the duties and studies to be given by the authorized committees of the university and the center in line with the purpose of the center.
The Center's Governing Bodies, Duties, and Personnel Needs
The Center's Governing Bodies
ARTICLE 7 – (1) The Center's Governing Bodies are:
a) Director and Deputy Director.
b) Board of Directors.
(2) If recommended by the Board of Directors, an Advisory Board can be formed with the approval of the Rectorate.
Director and Deputy Director
ARTICLE 8 – (1) The director is appointed by the Rector for three years from among the faculty members of İstinye University, who are experienced in political science, international relations and public diplomacy researched and that have nationally and internationally published works in their field.
(2) The director, with the approval of the Rector, may appoint a maximum of two full-time lecturers working in the relevant fields of the university as deputy directors. In the event that the term of office of the director expires or in any way resigns, the duties of the deputy directors also expires. Deputy directors fulfill the duties of the director in the absence of the director.
(3) In case of temporary resignation of the director, one of the deputy directors will act in his place. In cases where the director cannot be on duty for more than six months, a new director will be appointed by the rector. The rector may personally carry out the duty of the director until he appoints a new director or he may assign it to one of the full-time faculty members of the university to carry out the task by proxy.
The Director's Duties
ARTICLE 9 – (1) The responsibilities of the manager are:
- To manage the studies regularly in line with the purposes of the center and to represent the center.
- To prepare the plans related to the activity areas of the center and to inform the rectorate after taking the opinions of the Board of Directors.
- To cooperate with institutions and organizations related to the study subjects.
- To submit proposals to the rector regarding the assignment of personnels wanting to work at the center.
- To prepare an annual report on the activities conducted at the center at the end of each year and present it to the Board of Directors.
- To carry out the management, supervision and general supervision of all administrative, technical and research personnel affiliated with the center and to ensure the evaluation of working order like shifts, dress-code, discipline and success.
- The director is primarily responsible to the rector for the supervision and control of all activities of the center and for taking the necessary measures in these matters.
- The director represents the center and chairs the Central Executive Board. In addition, the center makes the assignments required by its work and implements the decisions of the Board of Directors within the framework of this regulation.
Board of Directors
ARTICLE 10 – (1) Board of Directors; it consists of the Director, Deputy Directors, and three members of the center's field of study, recommended by the director and appointed by the rector for three years. A member whose term has expired can be reassigned. A new member can be appointed in the place of a member who leaves his/her position for any reason with the same method to complete the remaining term. The director chairs the Board of Directors.
(2) The Board of Directors convenes at least twice a year and when necessary with the full number of members upon the call of the director. Decisions of the Board of Directors are taken by majority vote.
(3) Members whose terms have expired can be reassigned. The membership of a member who does not attend meetings three times in a row or a total of five times without any excuses is automatically terminated.
Duties and Powers of the Board of Directors
ARTICLE 11 – (1) The duties and powers of the Board of Directors are:
- To take decisions on matters related to the activities and management of the center.
- To ensure that the plans and programs related to the work of the center are prepared and implemented.
- To prepare guidelines that determine the working principles of the center.
- Evaluating projects and making suggestions on research, implementation and publication.
- To evaluate the activity report of the previous year, prepare the work report for the next term, and to present the reports to the rectorate.
- Coordinating the financial transactions of the center and the balance of income and expenditure.
- Taking decisions on matters brought by the director regarding the management.
ARTICLE 12 – (1) The academic, technical, and administrative personnel needs of the center are met by the rector by assigning personnel within the framework of Article 13 of law no. 2547.
Cases where there is no provision
ARTICLE 13 – (1) In cases where there is no provision in this regulation; The provisions of the relevant legislation and the decisions of the Council of Higher Education and the Senate are applied.
ARTICLE 14 – (1) These regulations are deemed effective on the date of its publication.
ARTICLE 15 – (1) The provision of these regulations are executed by the rector of İstinye University.